1. Did you read your story out loud?
2. Did you double check your spelling?
3. Did you capitalize and punctuate correctly?
4. Did you use interesting vocabulary?
5. Did you write a good beginning and ending?
Splash into Writing
Sometimes it's fun to be SILLY. It's fun to make up ridiculous stories.
Maybe everything is upside down, and you have to walk on the ceiling.
Maybe you wake up, and you are only three inches tall, or maybe you are thirty feet tall!
Maybe your school is on Mars, and you have to take a space ship school bus.
Assignment: Tell me a silly story that you have imagined.
I can't wait to read about your imagination.