Splash into Writing
Write a short story. Use interesting verbs.
Tell me about some special day that you remember.
How old were you? Where did you live?
Who were some of the other people around you?
I'm interested in what you remember.
1. Did you read your story out loud?
2. Did you double check your spelling?
3. Did you capitalize and punctuate correctly?
4. Did you use interesting vocabulary?
5. Did you write a good beginning and ending?
DO YOU REMEMBER?
(Drawing by Karen Wakim)
I like to think of when I was a girl.
I like to remember my birthdays and Christmas
and things that I did when I was little.
I remember my first puppy.
His name was Butch.
I used him in my story.
Do you remember your first day of school?
Do you remember learning to ride a bike?
Did you ever fly in an airplane?
Did you ever go to the hospial?
What was it like? How did you feel?