What's It All About?
1. Did you read your story out loud?
2. Did you double check your spelling?
3. Did you capitalize and punctuate correctly?
4. Did you use interesting vocabulary?
5. Did you write a good beginning and ending?
"Hey, I have an idea!"
"Really? . . . Tell me-what's it about?"
Every story has a WHO or WHAT.
There must be a main character -
whether it's about a mouse or a striped fish,
a shipwrecked sailor or a beautiful princess.
Maybe the story isn't about something alive.
Maybe it's about the adventures of a golden ring or a train engine.
What is your story about?
CHOOSE ONE OF THESE MAIN CHARACTERS -
Write a story about what you think happens to it.
* a striped spider
* a haunting tune
* a teensy man
* a bad cook
* a broken watch
* a secret message
Email it to me.
I can't wait to see what interesting ideas you have!
Splash into Writing